I don't know who I think I'm kidding with this "weekly" collection of photos business, am lucky to get a set up once a month. Won't bore you with the details but there is a lot going on on top of this hill. Am drowning in paperwork, appointments and organising stuff. After I post this I'm going to take the vacuum on a walk through this house and quite possibly the mop as well. In the meantime, let's look at the photos...
- We're in scarf weather, I love scarf weather.
- And I love that sky from a few weeks ago, those colours were unbelievable.
- Happy Mother's Day girls. We can't wait to meet your babies!
- A few of my favourite things: succulents in concrete pots, a new pile of firewood and the view of course too.
- Saturday afternoons at our place: pizza dough proving next to the fire.
- The view from the top paddock.
- The view from our bedroom window. We haven't seen him for a while, he's looking well thank goodness. When he disappears I tend to worry about him, he seems a bit fragile sometimes.
- It's four o'clock on the butterfly clock. My favourite garden place is closing down and everything must go at heavily discounted prices (truly Sherb) so I self-gifted myself this rusty pedestal and sundial for Mother's Day. Someone has got to help them clear out their stock. It may as well be me.
- I've been spending lots of afternoons up under Daisy's trees lately. May crept up on me this year and Mother's Day got me a little unsettled. It's Daisy's birthday at the end of the week and I've been wondering how I ever coped having her birthday and Mother's Day in the same week. Sometimes it feels like she was just a dream. God I miss her.
- My gift from Clementine, hand-painted and hand-grown. She's stuck eyes on the front and blue bows on the back. It's the cutest thing, I just love it.
- My current reading pile. From the bottom up - Understanding Exposure - meant to be a must have for those of us who don't understand exposure (i.e: me). - He'll Be OK - the subtitle to this is Growing Gorgeous Boys Into Good Men and I can't wait to learn how! - Good Living Street - have heard good things about this but it might have to wait until I can understand exposure and have grown my gorgeous boy into a good man. And finally - We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves - I don't have enough good things to say about this book. It completely broke my heart after I finished reading it on Mother's Day morning while I waited for sleepyhead Ruby to wake up. Which is another reason I felt so emotional that day. It makes me cry just thinking about it and I can't wait to read it again. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it, but maybe don't google it first! I love to read the ending of any book first but am so pleased I didn't with this one. There's a bit of a twist in there. Heartbreaking.
Well that's enough procrastinating, the house won't clean itself. Hope you're all well and making time to read. Any tips for dealing with paperwork and getting stuff done would be appreciated! Will see you soon xx