Sunday, 12 January 2014

Weekly Stills: A Collection




  1. This just shows you how dry it is out there. But then again, what's not to love about the afternoon sun that lights up the grass like that? How to capture that on a canvas? PS: We got none of that rain either. 
  2. Let's play spot the cat. I see you Claude.
  3. Here's the agave I rescued last year and then left for months and months before planting it in a pot. Neglect seems to suit it. Now that's my kind of plant.
  4. The last of the agapanthus.
  5. Candlelight and roses.
  6. It's taking all of Ajax's willpower not to swallow Claude whole, but at least they're on the road to I don't know, tolerance? And while we're looking outside, I've finally found a builder to give us a quote on a deck! Has taken years but with any luck that pesky gravel outside will be a thing of the past. As will the makeshift furniture.
  7. Sunset over the water tank.
  8. Pierre de Ronsard doing it's best to not climb up the wall.
  9. Another view of my baby girl's room and new bed. And yes I spoke too soon. She is still not loving sleeping through the night in her new bed. On the plus side though, she hasn't fallen out of it.
Linking here with Em's lovely collection.

10 comments:

  1. You have the most spectacular sky shows over your hill....and the most perfect of roses. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bron, the skies are stunning, a new show everyday xx

      Delete
  2. I love that first shot- I think it would make an excellent canvas if that's what you're thinking. And i do love a plant that thrives on neglect :)
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Leanne, they need to around here. Would love to learn to paint that light xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely images. I tried to grow pierre de ronsard once but the naughty dog we had ate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got one of those naughty dogs too. We need to train that poor rose up the wall, the dog whips past it everyday stripping the leaves, he's a pest! xx

      Delete
  4. That top photo is just stunning ... sorry you didn't actually get a bit of that rain though.
    Pierre de Whatsisname are my absolute favourite roses ... I love them.
    Good luck with the deck quote.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. That rose is a beauty alright. And am holding my breath re: quote! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I would love to hear from you!