Sunday, 9 February 2014

Weekly Stills: A Collection




  1. These make me happy, February being the month of love and Miss Doo's birthday. 
  2. This makes me giggle. Ruby is a domestic goddess, she loves nothing more than to help with the washing and folding. And she folds with precision! She got none of her skills from me by the way. For ages she wouldn't fold anything but her own clothes but just lately I've noticed her folding other things too. Like these perfectly folded face washers. Want me to send her around to you? You'll never be more organised trust me. She's a gem!
  3. Late afternoon in her bedroom where pink reigns supreme. 
  4. I've let all the veggies go to seed. Had to. We don't have much water and we're prioritising people. Which means goodbye to the spinach, rocket and lettuce. But it looks like those little toms aren't going anywhere. Love that defiance. 
  5. And this little rose is just as defiant. Looking for all the world like a lush green garden here, I can assure you it's not.  Please clouds start gathering and rain, I can't bear watching the poor cows next door in the heat.
  6. Sherby found this daybed for next to nothing on ebay and it arrived yesterday. Naturally I couldn't wait to get out there and style it up with some cushion action. Think I'll encourage Sherb to shop more often, he did such a great job.
  7. It's Ruby's birthday month. And I'm struggling big time with her age. I just can't believe I'm the mother of a 15 year old. It all adds up on my fingers but surely that can't be right? Please slow it down Ruby Doo.
PS: Those words on the blackboard come from Clare Bowditch's song You Will Know. Felix makes me giggle, whenever I sing it he says, "But mum, when will she know how beautiful she is?" She'll know Felix, when we tell her every day of her life.

Linking here with Em.

16 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday miss ruby ....
    My time to be a mother of a fifteen year old is this Wednesday ....strange indeed!
    Shame about your garden but water for the peeps is more important...here's praying for some rain for you soon.
    It looks like Sherby is enjoying being home...making such great purchases for you all to enjoy. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a strange feeling Bron, but enjoy the birthday this week! Sherb seems to be coping with being home, and so far I'm coping with having him home, especially when he finds treasures like this one! Have a lovely week with Meg xx

      Delete
  2. every one of these pics make me smile BIG!.....happy birthday Rubes (you've got your mum in a spin....I love it!)....Felix you are beautiful too....more than you will ever know! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got me in a spin alright! Think she's loving this growing up and freaking out her mother business. Hope you're well Al xx

      Delete
  3. I am seriously in love with bunting ... unfortunately the boys just don't share my passion ... surprisingly! Alas, my home is a bunting free zone ... but I'm working on a plan to sneak a bit in somewhere.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, do it! Every home needs some I think, have a lovely week xx

      Delete
  4. I love your Bunting and the folded wash cloths.....how adorable.....a beautiful set of photos from this week. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, I love Ruby's washcloths too, she's very helpful! Have a great week xx

      Delete
  5. Gosh...I remember being 15 - talk about forever ago! What a lovely door to wake up to on your birthday!
    Lots of cheerful photos. I hope your Monday was smooth sailing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I remember 15 too, and sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago! Thanks for dropping in, have a lovely week xx

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to Ruby. Live Ebay bargains and your daybed styling, Kelk. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet photos, especially the face-washers! I love that you have a little domestic goddess! Luck you.
    Stumbled onto your blog from the Beetle Shack. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nat, thanks for dropping in! I'm very lucky to have my little domestic goddess, she's so helpful. Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the colour in your home- Hope Ruby had a super birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did, she was so exhausted though, couldn't keep her eyes open to cut the cake! Hope you're all well xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I would love to hear from you!